Almost everything might be turned around in the 2019 Pacific Rugby Premiership, but that's sports—last year is last year and last week is last week.
Sure, halfway through the 2018 PRP OMBAC was 5-0 (and currently 2-2-1), SFGG was 3-2 (currently 0-5), and Santa Monica was 1-4 (currently 3-2). But that's how things shift. Some players move on, someone else gets a new player or two.
Whatever happens, we're there to notice. Certainly Life West has made a remarkable shift. While midway through last season the Gladiators were 3-2, they finished the season 1-4 and lost to 3rd/4th playoff, as well. Now at 4-1 and in 1st place, Life West shows exactly what can happen if you build your depth and fix some injuries.
Midway through the PRP regular season, it's time to look at our Mid-Season All-League 15. We're sorry we left some players off, and we could probably get another 15 who are in an honorable mention group.
But, tough. This is rugby. Here's your 15 and that's it:
(Note, we moved a couple of players around because we wanted the best performers in those slots. So our back row is made up of guys who spend a lot of time in a #6 jersey, but they're the guys having the best seasons.)
2019 Midseason All-PRP 15
1. Loosehead Prop: Johnny Abdulahad, OMBAC
2. Hooker: Jacob Finau, Life West
3. Tighthead Prop: Robert Cleere, Santa Monica
4. Lock: Jay Hanson, OMBAC
5. Lock: Sam Lilley, Belmont Shore
6. Blindside Flanker: Justin Oles, Glendale
7. Openside Flanker: James Muse, Belmont Shore
8. No. 8: Tongauiha Tesimoni, Life West
9. Scrumhalf: Devereaux Ferris, Life West
10. Flyhalf: Tai Enosa, Belmont Shore
11. Left Wing: Joe Krassenstein, Santa Monica
12. Inside Center: Eakalafi Okusi, SFGG
13. Outside Center: Adriano Ojeda, Belmont Shore
14. Right Wing: Josefa Vuatalevu, Life West
15. Viliami Pila Iongi, Belmont Shore