Canada head coach Kingsley Jones has named two changes to his starting roster to close out the 2019 Americas Rugby Championships (ARC) against USA on Friday.
Veteran scrumhalf and Seattle Seawolves star Phil Mack is set to make his 2019 debut for Canada, while No. 8 Luke Campbell returns from injury to bolster the forward pack.
Canada will once again be captained by flanker Lucas Rumball, while replacement hooker Jordan Olsen could make his test match debut off the bench.
Canada is 1-3 in the ARC, while USA is 2-2. But while both lost last week, Canada takes some heart in being closer to Argentina XV than anyone expected.
“I was pleased with our performance, we were competitive in every department last weekend against a very strong Argentina XV, scoring some good tries with some excellent individual performances,” said Jones.
The USA, meanwhile lost 32-25 to a Uruguay team they expected to beat.
“USA will be disappointed with their home defeat last week, we are expecting a tough game against a highly motivated USA team. They are an excellent side and they will also be looking to end their ARC with a positive result in front of their home fans on Friday,” added Jones.
“There’s a passionate rivalry between these two nations and the USA have had the upper hand lately, so we need to be prepared and maximize the opportunity. A win on Friday would be huge for momentum as we push to the Rugby World Cup.”
Canada Lineup To Face USA:
1. Hubert Buydens – (NOLA Gold) Saskatoon, SK
2. Benoit Piffero – (Blagnac Sporting Club) Montreal, QC
3. Cole Keith – (Toronto Arrows) Sussex, NB
4. Conor Keys – (Rotherham Titans) Stittsville, ON
5. Kyle Baillie – (NOLA Gold) Summerside, PEI
6. Justin Blanchet – (Bedford Blues) Montreal, QC
7. Lucas Rumball – Captain (Toronto Arrows) Scarborough, ON
8. Luke Campbell – (James Bay AA) Victoria, BC
9. Phil Mack – (Seattle Seawolves) Victoria, BC
10. Gordon McRorie – (Calgary Hornets) Calgary, AB
11. Kainoa Lloyd – (Toronto Arrows) Mississauga, ON
12. Ciaran Hearn – (London Irish) Conception Bay South, NL
13. Nick Blevins – (Calgary Hornets) Calgary, AB
14. Andrew Coe – (Markham Irish) Toronto, ON
15. Theo Sauder – (Toronto Arrows) Vancouver, BC
16. Jordan Olsen – (Northland) Whangarei, NZ
17. Noah Barker – (Glendale Raptors) Courtenay, BC
18. Ryan Kotlewski – (Westshore RFC) Calgary, AB
19. Josh Larsen – (Austin Elite) Parksville, BC
20. Dustin Dobravsky – (Castaway Wanderers) Hanover, Germany
21. Jamie Mackenzie – (Toronto Arrows) Oakville, ON
22. Pat Parfrey – (Unattached) St. John’s, NL
23. Doug Fraser – (Austin Elite) Ladysmith, BC